Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Of Random Topics and Conversation

The kinds of topic that I can come up and have a conversation with people can be random. From religion to honesty. Presidential candidates to love relationship. Tom Hanks to Gandhi. Conversation to topics.

I'm a person that watch Discovery Channel and read interesting articles from Digg. I'm fascinated by science and I just love to expand my general knowledge. Digg also provides me with interesting facts and not to mention "stupidity" that happens around the globe.

When you have all this knowledge with you, you will have that tendency to share and talk about it and there lies the problem.

To whom?

"Religion is a double-edged sword. Religion induce faith and faith makes people strong. Faith give you that drive to do something, that can be both good or bad. Faith helps you to overcome hard times. Faith also pushes those to pursue holy act like suicide bombing."

"John McCain and Barrack Obama, the most well talked about US Presidential candidates that will most likely get the post this coming election scheduled November 4, 2008. Obama has choosen Joe Biden as his vice-president, an experienced senator who has been around for quite some time while McCain has choosen Sarah Palin, Alaska Governor which has a lot of scandals around her. One of is her being unable to quote the souce of her quotes."

"Tom Hanks. I just love his movie. The Terminal, how he got stuck in a airport when his country is in war, making him a person that does not has a nationality. Forrest Gump, story of a man and his epic journey through life meeting historical figures, influencing popular culture and experiencing first-hand historic events of the 20th century while being largely unaware of their significance due to his low intelligence. Cast Away, a FedEx employee who is stranded on an uninhabited island after his plane goes down over the South Pacific. "

"Honesty is the best policy. How true is that? If you are honest and say words that can hurt a person, is that a good thing? Of course, being honest is for the best but hurting others feeling and making them to hate you, are that what you want? Or would you rather tell white lies to make them feel better and to keep the relationship? Well, the conclusion that I came up with is honesty depends on two thing, one is importance of that person to you, whether the truth should be told or not and the other factor is the situation, where at times, you have to tell white lies to save your ass or to console a person."

Again, to whom am I suppose to talk all this to?
I'm sure there are someone out there whom I can share all this with but up until this moment, I cannot find one in UPM.

Luckily, at times, my eldest sis will listen to me and she will have her share of interesting topics, mainly on economics and health. My other two sisters will sometimes listen too.

But, the issue here is to have someone around me, preferably in UPM, to have all this conversation. People around me there talks about different things. Just no my cup of tea. Luckily enough, I got to know a few friends from PU camp that I *think* I can talk this with. At least with them, I can express myself better and freely, mainly because we converse in English. Too bad they stay far away and we don't get to meet too much. They are in different faculty too.

Oh well, life still goes on and I will continue to seek.
Till that day comes...

=|

Listening to
背叛 (Bei Pan)


Album

Superman

2 comments:

sara said...

Hey, at least I listen sometimes :P But I think I'm more of a speaker than a listener. hahaha. Maybe you can find someone online to chat with. I do talk bout these with Mr.C. hehe. But you're right--hard to find ppl to talk to about worldly affairs. Sigh. Point: thank God you've got sisters! :P

sara said...

Oh, alternatively, when there is nobody, really nobody to listen, just WRITE!